Skydiving In Dubai
Dubai has transformed so much that it is now a top-rated destination on almost all travellers’ bucket lists. This desert beauty is a must-see for any travel enthusiast. If you’re an adventure traveller, you can take part in adventures. One of the most loved extreme sports is skydiving. Dubai skydiving has gained popularity over time. With its world-class facilities, spectacular skydive locations, and expert instructors, it is now one of the most popular skydiving destinations worldwide. It is one of the most popular spots for skydiving, as it is close to Skydive Dubai’s desert zone. Visitors can enjoy a thrilling combination of indoor and outdoor skydiving. Skydive Dubai manages all the skydiving sites in Dubai, and this organization holds numerous Guinness World Records.
This guide will provide detailed information about Dubai skydiving and other essential things to know before you go.
Different types of skydiving
Outdoor skydiving involves a long flight to a high altitude, and then you take off with all security precautions in place. Tandem skydiving is the preferred choice for beginners and first-timers. You are secured to a professional instructor, and if you have a license to skydive, you can jump solo. A professional videographer will record your entire experience, and you can pretend to fly while he is with you.
Although indoor skydiving in Dubai is still a relatively new concept, it has become trendy all over the globe. Indoor skydiving involves a vertical tunnel that simulates free-falling conditions using simulations. It is a great way to get started with skydiving without taking any risks. Indoor skydiving allows you to enjoy all the thrills of skydiving but without the dangers. You get the best of both worlds by skydiving indoors in a controlled, safe environment. Indoor skydiving is much cheaper than outdoor. Indoor skydiving is for you if time is tight and you don’t want to spend too much time learning skydiving. Indoor skydiving is safer than outdoor, and it’s easy to get started. Indoor skydiving is available for children over two years old.
Dubai Skydiving Locations
1. Desert Campus Drop Zone
The Desert Campus Drop Zone can be found outside the city on the highway from Dubai to Al-Ain. Not only does the desert drop zone host first-timers, but it also offers courses that will prepare you to become a professional skydiver. As you skydive through Dubai’s desert zone, you will be able to enjoy breathtaking views of Dubai’s skyline.
Cost: AED 1699
2. Palm Drop Zone
Skydive Dubai’s Palm Drop Zone is their most premium drop zone, and it also offers breathtaking views of the Palm Islands and Dubai’s skyline. With that, the world’s largest Ferris-wheel, Palm Jumeirah Island and Atlantis Hotel are the most prominent views in Dubai. Not to forget, the Burj Al Arab, “The World”, islands, Dubai Marina, and Burj Al Arab make up the majority of attractions.
Cost: AED 2199
3. iFly Dubai
Indoor skydiving in Dubai is possible at IFly. The double vertical wind tunnel at iFly is a new way to experience simulated gravity-defying skydiving. It measures 10 meters long and is surrounded by acrylic glass. High-level safety measures ensure your safety. You can fly in a controlled environment with experienced instructors and have fun to the fullest.
Cost: AED 220 for 2 mins
4. InFlight Dubai
InFlight Dubai is another place where you can experience indoor skydiving. The tunnel has a diameter of 16.5 and is the largest in the world. It is one of the most popular spots for skydiving, as it is close to Skydive Dubai’s desert zone. Visitors can enjoy a thrilling combination of indoor and outdoor skydiving in Dubai.
Cost: AED 262 for (2 mins), AED 497 for (4 mins), AED 706 for (6 mins), AED 889 for (8 mins), AED 1,048 for (10 mins)
The Key Points to Know
Before getting these adventures, make sure you check the list below:
- At least 18 years old is required.
- It would be best to have your passport, driver’s licence, valid photo ID card, and Emirates ID.
- Your BMI should be at least 27.5, and your weight should not exceed 90 kg for women and 30 for men.
- Skydive Dubai will take you skydiving. They have over a thousand jumps between them.
- Before you dive, it is essential to be well-nourished. An empty stomach will not make for a memorable dive. You should also ensure that you don’t overeat, as the goal is to feel energized and well-nourished for this fantastic experience.
- Comfortable clothes are recommended. Wear athletic wear that is both comfortable and appropriate for the occasion.
- Skydiving is dependent on the weather. Skydive Dubai officials are continuously monitoring the temperature. If the weather is not as favourable, it may take longer than expected. Be patient.
- Skydiving does not require you to be an athlete. On the off chance that you have a sound way of life and are of average weight, you can do it.
- Skydiving requires you to wear goggles. You can see when you’re free-falling at speeds of around 200 km/h. Goggles protect your eyes from the wind. It is a good idea to wear helmets, especially when you exit the aircraft.
Dubai skydiving Costs
The skydive Dubai cost above the Dubai Palm island is AED 1,999, paid in two instalments. The first AED 999 is paid while booking a slot online, and the remaining amount (AED 1000) is paid when you check-in at your assigned time slot. The cost includes:
- All the gear.
- A short tutorial before the dive.
- A photography package for your live video and pictures.
When to plan
Skydiving is subject to climate conditions. Skydiving is an outdoor activity, so the best time to skydive is the winter months, and it is the best time to skydive when the weather is good.